( Solved ) - 5 Review Tissues The type of epithelium that lines the urinary bladder and many of the urinary
Posted on 6th Dec 2019 20:55:00 in Questions and Answers
5 Review 14e – Tissues
1) The type of epithelium that lines the urinary bladder and many of the urinary
2) Intercellular junctions connect
3) Cells that reside in a specific connective tissue type for an extended period of time are called
4) The type of intercellular junction that functions as a rivet or "spot weld" is a(n)
5) The type of epithelium that secretes into ducts that open onto surfaces like skin or into body fluids is
6) The blood-brain barrier consists of
7) Embryonic stem cells growing in a lab dish are bathed in a "cocktail" of chemicals that cause them to specialize into branching networks of single-nucleated cells that pulsate in unison. This tissue is most likely
8) The type of muscle tissue in blood vessels is
9) A basement membrane anchors
10) A general characteristic of connective tissue is that it
11) Mutations usually disrupt collagen's function because
12) A carcinoma is a cancer originating from
13) A _______ gland branches repeatedly before reaching the glandular cells or secretory part.
14) Discuss the extracellular matrix.
15) Muscle cells with more than one nucleus are
16) Involuntary muscle tissues are
17) Bone cells form concentric circles around longitudinal tubes called
18) The basis of using proteomics to describe tissues is that
19) A _______ membrane lines tubes and cavities that open to the outside of the body.
20) List the functions of neuroglia.
21) List all cellular fragments.
22) Histology is the study of
23) A (An) ______ gland does not branch before reaching the glandular cells or secretory part.
24) Epithelial membranes are typically composed of
25) Which type of tissue lines the follicles of the thyroid glands?
26) Smooth muscle is found in the wall of the
27) "Cutaneous membrane" refers to
28) The tissue that forms the inner lining of the respiratory passages is
29) There are __ types of muscle cells.
30) About 90% of all cancers originate from
31) A serous membrane consists of a
32) _______ produce connective tissue fibers.
33) List the four basic types of body tissues.
34) Collagen is a major component of
35) Epithelial tissue functions in
36) The antihistamine Benadryl has a sedative effect, but the antihistamine Zyrtec does not, because
37) Of the four major types of membranes, the one consisting of dense connective tissue overlying loose connective tissue is
38) Tendons and ligaments are composed primarily of
39) Adipose tissue is a form of
40) Elastic connective tissue forms
41) The tissue through which gases are exchanged between the blood and the air in the lungs is
42) Areolar tissue contains
43) List the characteristics of nervous tissue?
44) The type of intercellular junction that forms tubular channels is
45) Cardiac muscle is found in the wall of the
46) The merocrine, apocrine, and holocrine secretions differ in the
47) Extracellular matrix consists of
48) An engineered tissue might include
49) List/discuss the characteristics is used to name tissue types.
50) Neurons can send messages to
51) Why are Cartilage tissues likely to be slow in healing after an injury?
52) The type of intercellular junction that consists of fused membranes is a(an)
53) The muscle tissue that can be consciously controlled is
54) Bone tissue contains abundant
55) A skeletal muscle fiber contains many _____.
56) Bone cells (osteocytes) are in _____ circles around _____ canals.
57) A synovial membrane is entirely _____ tissue.
58) Smooth muscle tissue actions are _____.
59) _____ is composed of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets suspended in a fluid extracellular matrix called plasma.
60) The tissue that forms the outermost layer of the skin is a type of _____ tissue.
61) Histology is the study of
62) _____ muscle can function without nervous stimulation but _____ muscle cannot.
63) _____ become osteocytes.
64) _____ blood cells may become macrophages.
65) _____ _____ include gap junctions, tight junctions, and desmosomes.
66) _____ lines hollow organs.
67) The soft part of the nose & the supporting rings of the respiratory passages are made of
68) List examples of mucous membranes.
69) Which tissue type(s) are tightly packed, built of cells attached by intercellular junctions?
70) _____ release histamine and heparin.
71) Discuss the tissue makeup of the wall of the heart.
72) _____ tissue conducts impulses from one neuron to another & coordinates body activities.
73) A neuron is a type of _____.
74) A mucus-secreting goblet cell is a _____ gland.
75) _____ are groups of cells that have a common overall function, yet are distinctive in their characteristic cell types and the molecules that the cells produce.
76) Usually _____ tissues do not have blood vessels.
77) _____ membranes and _____ membranes consist of epithelium and connective tissue.
78) ______ _______ join cells, forming tissues.
79) A structure that "spot welds" skin cells is a __________.
80) The study of tissues is called ___________.
81) The four tissue types are muscle tissue, nervous tissue, connective tissue, and ________.
82) The tissue that covers all body surfaces is _____.
83) A single layer of flattened epithelium forms a tissue called ______ ______ _____.
84) The inner linings of most organs of the digestive system are composed of _____ _____ ____.
85) Glands that release entire cells filled with secretory products are called ______ glands.
86) The most abundant cells in dense connective tissue are _______________.
87) Cartilage cells occupy small chambers called ___________.
88) The intervertebral discs that separate parts of the backbone are composed of __________.
89) The ______ ______ ______ are the only blood cells that function entirely in blood vessels.
90) The inner lining of the abdomen is a _______ membrane.
91) The lining of the nose consists of _______ membrane.
92) Cutaneous membrane is synonymous with ______.
93) Cells of muscle tissue are called ______ _______.
94) Striations but not intercalated discs are seen in _____________ muscle tissue.
95) Muscle tissue that is involuntary and has striations is found in ___________ muscle.
96) The primary characteristic of muscle tissues is their ability to _____.
97) The band between cardiac muscle cells is called a(n) ______ _____.
98) Cells that support neurons are _________.
99) The cells that respond to environmental stimuli are ________.
100) Neuron axons transmit electrical impulses to _______, ______, and ________.